Lee Naeun, actress and a former member of the girl group APRIL, is set to resume her entertainment career after two years.
On November 16, the actress’s agency, Namoo Actors, confirmed that she will be appearing in the SBS K-Drama Flex X Cop on episodes 9 and 10.
The drama is an omnibus-style production that depicts the life of a third-generation chaebol turned detective. The chaebol‘s role will be played by Ahn Bo Hyun, while Park Ji Hyun will take on the lead female role. The drama is set to premiere in January 2024.
While this comeback is a milestone for Naeun’s career, many netizens showed disdain over the news because of her past accusations. Back in June 2020, the idol-actress was accused of school violence by an anonymous netizen. However, Naeun maintained her claims of innocence. Eventually, the matter was cleared up in January 2021 after the accuser confessed to lying about the whole thing and submitted a handwritten apology to Naeun’s then-agency, DSP Media.
Despite the accusations being proven false, Naeun’s reputation might still need more time to regain its footing, given the mixed reactions from netizens.
- “Is Naeun good at acting?”
- “Naeun, fighting!”
- “If it’s a special appearance, then they’re really insisting on using her LOL.”
- “They’re really returning in flocks.”
- “They’re all coming back. It must be nice being a celebrity.”
- “Does she want to come out as X?”
- “Wah. This is unbelievable.”
- “There isn’t anything that she can’t do.”